Boost your daily protein requirement with our simple, high protein snacks. Ideal as a post-workout snack and is a great energy booster and helps to keep you full between meals.
To enjoy post-workout and replace your protein stores, make delightful protein snacks like protein balls with oats, protein powder, flaxseed, and cinnamon.
- 150g porridge oats
50g protein powder of your choice
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
- pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
150g peanut butter of your choice
- 4 tbsp plant milk
- 25g chocolate chips or raisins (optional)
Mix the protein powder, flaxseed, cinnamon, and oats in a big bowl. Add the chocolate chips, milk, nut butter, vanilla extract, and maple syrup after stirring.
Combine the ingredients thoroughly, then form the mixture into 15 balls by moistening your palms (they should be about 30g each). Place on a dish, cover with plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes or until hard.
This chana chaat recipe is perfectly delicious (and healthy!!!), it’s a best protein snacks that involves no cooking and is literally ready in 15 minutes. Also, you can add in ingredients or take them out, and just basically do whatever you feel like, because this recipe is foolproof and super delicious no matter how you make it!
- 400 g (2.44 cups) canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 green capsicum, top and membranes removed, finely diced
- 1 cucumber, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 tomato, seed and pulp removed, finely diced
- 1 carrot, peeled and coarsely grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped red chilli, deseeded, less spicy variety
- ½ cup fresh coriander leaves, chopped
- a handful of mint leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste
- ½ teaspoon crushed sea salt flakes
- Place chickpeas, onion, capsicum, cucumber, tomato, carrot, red chilli, coriander and mint in a large bowl. Toss and mix well.
- Prepare the dressing by mixing all ingredients for it in a small lidded glass jar or bowl.
- When ready to serve, add the dressing to the salad in the bowl. Toss and mix well to coat everything evenly with the dressing.
- Top with chopped peanuts and extra coriander. Serve with lemon wedges.
Moong Dal Idli
Idli recipes are very common across India and are made with different ingredients. generally, it is made with the combination of rice and urad dal but then there are other variations like moong dal Idli recipe which is a high protein recipe and can be an ideal alternative for the traditional ones.
- 1 cup moong dal
- ¼ cup curd / yogurt (thick)
- 2 tsp oil
- ½ tsp mustard
- 1 tsp cumin / jeera
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 2 chillies (finely chopped)
- 1 inch ginger (finely chopped)
- few curry leaves
- 5 cashews (chopped)
- ½ carrot (grated)
- pinch hing / asafoetida
- 2 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp eno salt
- Firstly, in a large bowl soak 1 cup moong dal in water for 2 hours.
- Drain off the water and blend to smooth paste without adding any water.
- Transfer the moong dal paste to a bowl and add ¼ cup curd.
- Whisk and mix until the mixture is well combined.
- Now in a tawa heat 2 tsp oil and splutter ½ tsp mustard, 1 tsp cumin, 1 tsp chana dal, 2 chilli, 1 inch ginger, few curry leaves and 5 cashews.
- Also, add ½ carrot and sauté for a minute.
- Transfer the masala tempering to moong dal batter bowl.
- Further add pinch hing, 2 tbsp coriander, 1 tsp salt and mix well.
- Just before steaming add a ½ tsp eno (Mix well till it turns frothy. Alternatively, add a pinch of baking soda).
- Pour the batter immediately into the Idli plate. Do not rest the batter.
- Steam the Idli for 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Finally, serve instant moong dal Idli with green chutney and sambar.
The ideal way to start your day off right is with this delectable and wholesome protein-rich food. It contains a lot of protein, fibre, and other important nutrients. It is not only delicious but also highly healthful.
- 50g Quinoa
- 20g Besan
- 1-2 green chillies
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dry roast quinoa for a few minutes. Soak in water for at least 1hr.
- Drain the quinoa. Put soaked quinoa and green chilli in a mixer and grind it until it turns in to smooth paste.
- Add little water to smooth the mixture.
- Pour the mixture in a bowl and add besan, all chopped vegetables, cumin seeds and salt. Give it a good mix.
- Put a little oil on non-stick pan and pour small portion of batter on it.
- Roast on both the side until the chilli turns golden brown.
- The quinoa chilli is ready to serve.
Green Peas Cutlet
A popular shallow fried snack or patties made from a choice of boiled and mushy vegetables. it is a sought-after snack recipe particularly with the vegetarian or vegan diet followers and is mainly served during the evening with a cup of tea. An amazing healthy snack with good source of protein.
- 1 cup peas
- 2 green chillies
- 1 boiled potato
- salt as required
- cheese cubes as required
- 5 garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mango powder
- 4 tablespoons bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tablespoon cumin powder
Step 1: Cook the peas
Add 1 tbsp oil to a pan. Let it heat up. Now add garlic cloves, green chillies and let them splutter. Now add peas and mix well. Add salt, dry mango powder and cook them for a few minutes.
Step 2: Make a paste
Let the peas cool down a bit. Add them to a blender and blend to form a coarse and thick paste.
Step 3: Prepare cutlet mixture
Take out the peas paste to a bowl. Now add the boiled and mashed potato. Add cumin powder and adjust the salt as per taste. Also, add breadcrumbs and mix everything well.
Step 4: Make cutlets
Scoop out small portions from the mixture. Press between your hands from all sides and prepare a tikki. Use all the mixture.
Step 5: Shallow fry the tikkis
Heat 1 tbsp oil in a non-stick pan. Spread it all over and place the prepared tikkis on it. Cook the tikkis from both sides until crisp and golden brown in colour.
Step 6: Ready to be served
Once cooked, serve the Tikkis with a dip of your choice and enjoy.
Chia Seed Feel Good Smoothie
One of the healthiest nutrient sources, chia seeds are loaded with several macro and micronutrients including fibre, protein, calcium, magnesium, antioxidants, omega-3 fatty acids, phosphorus and manganese among others. They are tiny, nutrient-dense seed are great source of energy and also for keeping hunger at bay—making them a great alternate for those cravings that make you stand in front of the fridge and figure out what your next meal should be.
- 1 banana
- 100gm Greek yoghurt or hung yoghurt
- 60gm berries (raspberries or blueberries)
- 1 tsp roasted chia seeds
- Blend all the ingredients until smooth.
- Pour in a tall glass and serve chilled.